Cars are an indispensable asset of utility nowadays and their proper maintenance is imperative to not only ensure its longevity but also the safety and reliability of the traveling passengers. Keeping in mind the necessity of proper car maintenance here are some steps that one can take,
● Proper inspection of tires: Inspection of tires essentially means checking the tire pressure. One must be aware of the recommended tire pressure and inflate/deflate the tires as required to gain the maximum mileage and protect the tires from wear and tear.
● Routine checkup of Oil and fluids: The engine oil is a very important component as far as proper car maintenance is concerned since the engine’s efficiency depends on it. Other fluids such as the Coolant, Brake fluid, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid, must be routinely inspected and changed as per the specific recommendations given in the user manual, which may vary for different cars.
● Inspection of Brakes: The brake pads must be checked for any malfunctioning since they are directly involved with the safety of the passengers. Cars especially in urban areas undergo a lot of wear and tear with the most affected being their brake pads. Paying attention to a few things while driving may reveal any symptoms if any in regard to the malfunctioning of the brakes, such as any scraping noise, or vibrations while engaging the brakes. One must also look out for the brake warning light which warns the driver of the low brake fluid.
● Testing the Light: The car lights which include the Headlights, Indicator lights, Taillights, fog lights, and Number plate lights, must all be properly working since their going out puts not only the car in question at risk but also the other cars at risk due to the absence of clear vision at night or during heavy fog. The defective bulbs must be identified immediately and replaced by a mechanic to ensure the safety of all the lives in the vehicle.
● Inspection of Belts and Hoses: The Belts and Hoses must be checked to ensure the proper functioning of the engine to prevent any possible breakdown. One such Belt is the Serpentine Belt which is responsible for powering multiple accessory systems in the car by harnessing power derived from its rotation. Failure of this belt leads to overheating and malfunctioning of the AC and the power steering systems. Hoses such as the radiator hoses, the coolant hoses, and others undergo a lot of wear and tear due to vibrations, excess heat, and pressure, hence the regular check-up of these are essential.
● Inspection of the Engine Air Filters: The air filters are another essential component of the car’s engine. They prevent the entry of harmful dirt & dust into the combustion system thus protecting the engine’s efficiency. Therefore, it is very important to keep them clean and replace them when necessary.
All these steps play a very important role in the proper maintenance of a car. While all of these might not be possible to be performed at home, one can however reach out to the local service center to ensure that their cars are taken care of properly.
Have you ever wondered, Engine Oil you have been using for years is actually compatible with your car or not? If you haven’t, then you should. Choosing the correct engine […]
Motor oils are rated based on their viscosity, or flow-resistance, and their performance at extreme temperatures. An ideal motor oil is one that can brace against a region’s hottest temperatures […]