Eiffel Ocean Guard 6 series
Eiffel Ocean Guard 6 series is a range of high performance marine multipurpose system oils formulated with high quality paraffinic base stocks and balanced additive system to ensure optimum performance and excellent protection in low speed, high output cross head marine engines, operating on residual fuels. It has sufficient alkalinity to neutralize any strong acidic combustion products which may enter into the crankcase and it demonstrates high load carrying ability under severe operating conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Improved oxidation & thermal stability reduces deposits build up in crankcase & piston cooling spaces and facilitates better piston cooling efficiency.
- Good resistance to the action of water and separation capability improves oil life and provides effective lubrication even in presence of water.
- Excellent filtration and centrifuging capabilities.
- Excellent resistance to rust & corrosion enhances bearing life.
- Excellent TBN reserves provides improved neutralization of strong acids, formed due to burning of high sulfur fuels entering inside the system, which helps in keeping the crankcase & circulation tanks cleaner.
- Suitable for lubricating crankcase systems of low speed cross head marine engines, operating on residual fuels.
- Turbochargers, geared transmissions, variable pitch propeller and Oil lubricated stern tubes & bearings.
- Deck machinery and other ancillary equipment requiring an SAE 30 or 40 oil specifications.
Specifications Eiffel Ocean Guard 6 series meets or exceeds following International and Builder specifications:
- API CD
- US Military MIL-L-2104C
|Eiffel Ocean Guard||Test Method||Units||630||640|
|Density @ 15 0C||ASTM D 4052||gm/cc||0.892||0.900|
|Viscosity @ 100 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||11.6||14.6|
|Viscosity @ 40 0C||ASTM D 445||cSt||103||145|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||–||100||99|
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||°C||-15||-12|
|Flash Point (COC)||ASTM D 92||°C||245||268|
|Total Base Number||ASTM D 2896||mg KOH/g||6.0||6.0|
|Sulphated Ash||ASTM D 874||wt%||0.8||0.8|
The above figures are typical of blends with normal production tolerance and do not constitute a specification.